Re: ISS & Amateur Voice Comms (R)

MM wrote:

> We believe in the slogan Keep It Simple (KIS).
> When it comes to projects we sometimes Dumb them down
> to make it easier for the ISS crew.  Sure these guys
> are very smart, but they do not have time to find and
> read the manuals for the 50+ radio, etc on ISS.

The original GE MP/A that flew under SAREX missions with it's
channelized user interface and simple BIG controls seems like a better
choice than the "modern" Kenwood for being as simple as possible.

Perhaps non-channelized rigs are not what to send to ISS at all, if all
they do is cause the crews confusion.

Nate WY0X