Using a scanner to hear the FM sats?

Due to some money issues, I had to sell all my sat gear including my
beloved  TS-2000X. I've been going through some of my old gear and
rustled up a Radio shack VHF/UHF scanner that covers ham frequencies. Do
you think it would be possible to hear the FM sats with it? I have a
homebrew 11 element  linearly polarized yagi and I can still track the
sats via computer rotator control.
I can make it where I have a short run of cable to the antennas since I
don't have preamps anymore.
I'm also wondering about using some 75ohm RG6 quad shield satellite TV
cable for receiving. Would this be better or worse than 9913 with the
scanner? Kind of grabbing at straws here but I'm wondering if anyone
thinks it would work before I invest too much time into it.
Tnx and 73,
Michael, W4HIJ