Microwave Bands Need a quick tutorial

When I refer to 1296 or 1268.. I think 1.2gig, not a Letter like S, X, K,
what have you.

I need a little help or a link to a list that breaks down what band is
L/S/U/K/V/ ect.

I looked on the amsat page.. but could not find anything.

In time ill memorize it.. but when trying to think of future plans for my
station and doing my research.. the use of both is so common.. its confusing
trying to figure out my needs.

Thanx!

-Steve Raas

N2JDQ