Re: mode v/s

On 24 May 2007 at 10:39, DeYoung James wrote:

> Greetings,
> I was listening to 2.4012-GHz +/- doppler FM-mode with
> my K5GNA/AIDC downconverter at the focus of a Starband
> .75-m x 1.0-m ellptical dish, I never heard myself
> (145.88-MHz up) but transmitted only a few times.
> However, I did hear strong "digital" signals at max.
> EL. for about 30-s on two passes last evening and
> fairly strong quieting at times.  No voices heard at
> all, however.  I have heard nothing but white noise
> monitoring 2.4012-GHz when AO-51 is below the horizon
> so pretty sure it was AO-51 and not terrestrial.
> Without a regular beacon signal in space it is very
> hard to be sure if all my equipment is working,
> however.  I do have a Gardiner down-converter 2.4-GHz
> signal source so pretty sure my LO value is correct to
> a few KHz.
> Anybody willing to admit to Tx'ing digital or anything
> else last evening on east-coast U.S. passes to confirm
> that my 2.4-GHz equipment is really working?
> 73, KG4QWC (FM18)
Just to confirm i was on th2 2 morning pass one nearly overhead and another ay
18 deg max i used to get s9+20 signal when AO-51 was overhead but with deep
fade i was testting an old BBQ grill with the same K5GNA downconverter but
results where a bit on the low side comparing with a 7.5 foot dish. i make two
contact with: WD9EWK and W7JPI

that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE