Re: mode v/s

On 24 May 2007 at 10:39, DeYoung James wrote:

> Greetings,
> I was listening to 2.4012-GHz +/- doppler FM-mode with
> my K5GNA/AIDC downconverter at the focus of a Starband
> .75-m x 1.0-m ellptical dish, I never heard myself
> (145.88-MHz up) but transmitted only a few times.
> However, I did hear strong "digital" signals at max.
> EL. for about 30-s on two passes last evening and
> fairly strong quieting at times.  No voices heard at
> all, however.  I have heard nothing but white noise
> monitoring 2.4012-GHz when AO-51 is below the horizon
> so pretty sure it was AO-51 and not terrestrial.
> Without a regular beacon signal in space it is very
> hard to be sure if all my equipment is working,
> however.  I do have a Gardiner down-converter 2.4-GHz
> signal source so pretty sure my LO value is correct to
> a few KHz.
> Anybody willing to admit to Tx'ing digital or anything
> else last evening on east-coast U.S. passes to confirm
> that my 2.4-GHz equipment is really working?
> 73, KG4QWC (FM18)
Just to confirm i was on th2 2 morning pass one nearly overhead and another ay
18 deg max i used to get s9+20 signal when AO-51 was overhead but with deep
fade i was testting an old BBQ grill with the same K5GNA downconverter but
results where a bit on the low side comparing with a 7.5 foot dish. i make two
contact with: WD9EWK and W7JPI

P.S. It is obvious my recent post about AMSAT-NA misused of members money and funds diverted to others purpose toutch a sensible chord...

Mr Hambly and AMSAT-NA censors me as i am unable the post any message on AMSA-BB.

What about a nation who is presenting himself as a free nation
... I suggest strongly to boycot this group lets say for now the president Hambly and the BOD an anti democratic organisation.

That's what i was suspecting since a while actually.

Poor double standards America you are getting back what you plant abroad.
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE

       Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48516/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7 hot CTA = Join Yahoo!'s user panel