Re: mode v/s

Greetings,

I was listening to 2.4012-GHz +/- doppler FM-mode with
my K5GNA/AIDC downconverter at the focus of a Starband
.75-m x 1.0-m ellptical dish, I never heard myself
(145.88-MHz up) but transmitted only a few times.
However, I did hear strong "digital" signals at max.
EL. for about 30-s on two passes last evening and
fairly strong quieting at times.  No voices heard at
all, however.  I have heard nothing but white noise
monitoring 2.4012-GHz when AO-51 is below the horizon
so pretty sure it was AO-51 and not terrestrial.
Without a regular beacon signal in space it is very
hard to be sure if all my equipment is working,
however.  I do have a Gardiner down-converter 2.4-GHz
signal source so pretty sure my LO value is correct to
a few KHz.

Anybody willing to admit to Tx'ing digital or anything
else last evening on east-coast U.S. passes to confirm
that my 2.4-GHz equipment is really working?

73, KG4QWC (FM18)

____________________________________________________________________________________Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.