Re: mode v/s

Hi Bob!

> Where is all your AO40 gear?  Very strong S band downlink signals, just not
> too many people to talk to.

It's fun to talk to whoever happens to show up, in any event.  Thanks for the
chat last night.  I was standing in my front yard with my portable V/S setup,
and at least there were others like you on the pass to chat with.

The AO-51 S-band transmitter is easy to hear, and for those of us without
the new-fangled computer control of their stations :-) keeping up with the
Doppler isn't all that bad.  Just like following the Doppler on 70cm, but
tuning down more often.

Time to get ready to leave the house... and plan a stop on the way to the
office for the 1503 UTC pass with my V/S gear.  73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA
http://www.wd9ewk.net/