Re: Yaesu G5500 separation kit

While we are on the subject. With respect to the standard (No seperation
kit) arrangement,  I note that a major difference between the G5400 and
G5500 is the bracket between the AZ and EL rotators. In the G5400 it is
an "L" bracket, and in the G5500 it is extended to a sort of "J" or "U"
bracket, adding two bolts to the AZ rotator casing. The G5400 has bosses
for the additional bolts. Has anyone made this modification? Are the
G5500 brackets available?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©