GO-32 Curiosity Question

I seem to need two different "audio drive levels" when working with
the GO-32 bird.
When I am just requesting a file to be downloaded I can use one setting.
However -- when I go to upload a file --
I need to increase my audio drive significantly --

It appears that I am talking to two different  "TNCs" aboard  GO-32 --
One handles the file download requests -- and there is a different one that
handles the uploads. ...

Is this a correct assumption?

Just curious --

Bruce