Re: FO-29

Quoting Mineo Wakita <ei7m-wkt@asahi-net.or.jp>:

> Yes, GS of JARL passed at last some command to FO-29,
> now use only for examination and only over Japan.
>
> Tomorrow, JARL will comment the present condition of FO-29,
> so I will translate it and post it to amsat-bb.
>
> de JE9PEL, Mineo Wakita

Alongside my excitement at FO-29 breathing again, I'm intrigued by the
ability of these Japanese birds to operate over Japan, thereby conserving
power. The cubesats also do this, making me wonder the mechanism behind it.
Is this GIS technology? (The Kiwisat folks had some trouble finding
affordable GIS modules for space, if I remember correctly.) Or is there a
more simple approach at play?

73, Bruce
VE9QRP