A thought concerning AO-51 and field day

Field Day station K4CQ Lynchburg Amateur Radio Club

I read the article in the journal concerning field 2007. I understand
that on the FM satellites only one contact is allowed for credit. Last
year when AO-51 was configured for the QRP operation on the second
transponder we were allowed two contacts via AO-51. Since the decision
has been made to use Mode-L on this second transponder why not allow
two contacts again this year? I see no reason for field day stations
to make the effort on Mode-L if they can get there one credit on mode
V/u. I guess there is a valid reason for the Mode-L on field day. I
would guess it would be to motivate stations to use it. Just my
thoughts for your consideration.

73's << John

N4QWF Amateur Radio Operator
Formerly KC4AHW  VK3FEZ