Re: The need for telemetry data -or what happened toFO-29-

At 3:00 PM -0500 4/30/07, Douglas Quagliana wrote:
>The archives were
>(and still are) publicly available on AMSAT web/ftp site at
>
>http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/telemetry/ao40
>
>I suppose if we asked the right people we could easily get
>hard drive space on that server to start archiving telemetry
>from other satellites.

That'd be me, and yes, space can easily be made available for archiving telemetry for any amateur radio satellites.

The AO-40 telemetry was collated externally into zip files and emailed in, because of the limitations of VP9MU's internet connectivity from Bermuda. Scripts on amsat.org then automatically updated the archive from the emailed data. We would probably want to come up with a different scheme for more general purpose use.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org