Re: Planning

At 12:47 PM 4/29/2007, MKM wrote:
>We need new IF-DSP  V/H/SHF radios with built in band scopes and
>modules up to 5GHZ.

The solution is to use a SDR on the IF of your current radio.  Then
software can provide DSP, filtering, spectral and waterfall displays,
decoding...etc.
I am testing the SDR-IQ using the 28-30 MHz output of the DEMI 144/28
converter.  144-MHz is very commonly used IF for microwave converters.

For instance, I have transverters for 1296 and 10,368 MHz and
converters for 2401 MHz.

SDR's are showing up more frequently these days.  Checkout Flex
Radio, RFSpace, and Ettus Research.

73,
Ed - KL7UW
  BP40IQ   50-MHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xpol-20, 185w
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubususa@hotmail.com