station setup

I just recently bought an ft-847 that I'd like to use for sat work.  My
interests are primarily voice modes NOT PACKET!  I may be interested in
using CW at some point but as for now my CW needs serious help.  I'm located
in DM14db and have limited space for antennas at this location or enough
space for a full AZ-EL setup if I can remote the station  to  a location
about 30 miles north.

What else do I need in terms of antennas, (rotators), preamp, etc. and what
birds will it allow me to work for both possible situations?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of computer control for doppler
shift and tracking?  is computer control of these parameters  good enough
that  2 stations could ragchew on ssb without manual intervention?

In each of the 2 different situations above which sats will I likely be able
to work and what kind of operating will I likely find there (ragchew vs
callsign/RST.)

Thanks for the replies and look forward to working some of you on the birds,

Eric
KG6KQT