Re: Satgate System Closed

For what it is worth, I just got this email in response to my
post.  It was originated by the sender from his mobile, using
the text entry on his APRS mobile radio...

QUOTE

Subject: APRS Message from KF0G-9
THANK YOU! 73

--------------------------
Message received by MacAPRS IGate station WU2Z
Located in NO BRUNSWICK, NJ
APRS path = KF0G-9>APRS,W6CX-3*,WIDE2-1,qAo,K6BMD-9

UNQUOTE

Keep up with the text messaging Teenagers!
Run APRS mobile with a D7 or D700!

Bob, WB4APR

Bruninga
> Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 1:57 PM
> To: 'Robert Coppock'; amsat-bb@amsat.org
> Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Satgate System Closed
>
> > Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Satgate System Closed
> >
> > ...this is too bad.  it was invaluable for those out in
> > the backwoods for 1. fun-sending emails out
> > 2.need-EMERGENCY BEACONS via aprs.   i tried it once,
> > sending an email via the ISS and it is super cool.
> > is something taking it's place?
>
> The subject SATgates are the old PACSAT (not Pcsat) BBS
systems.