Re: Timed Audio

> I have need for a time programmable, audio recording program,
> for Windows. Googling presents too may options. Any one able
> to offer suggestions on a good, reliable and tested system.
> Thank You.

This is an area I found Linux to offer more useful options (cron, shell
scripts and a command line audio recorder).  When I was redording under
Windows (which the majority of the sat recordings at
http://vkradio.com/sat.html were done with), I was using CoolEdit to
schedule the recordings.  It worked, but there was a bug in it, which meant
it was off by an hour during DST months.  Once I sorted that quirk out, I
found it useful - I'd set it to record automatically and then wander down
the road to work the birds. :)

As I said, Linux has a better means of scheduling, and if one is clever, you
could use something like Predict to kick the recording off at the right
time. :)  I used to record a newscast every week, and the system pretty much
set the timing for everyone else to follow. :)  Even had a facility where I
could stop and process a recording with a TV style remote control (thanks to
lircd and a home brewed IR receiver) :).