From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Alan P. Biddle
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:54 PM
To: 'Amsat BB'
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Any interested in a MODERATED AMSAT-BB?

David,

It should not be hard to set up yet another moderated AMSAT group on Yahoo,
though I doubt the movers and shakers will be there.  My suggestion is just
set up some filtering on messages, since posters normally include their call
and/or name, and responders usually include the original posting.  As to how
effective this is, I had to look in my TWIT folder to see what all the fuss
was about.  In my case, it only takes two filtered calls to "moderate"
AMSAT-BB to my satisfaction.

"Don't read, don't reply" is an effective motto.  Having accidentally
tripped over some topic filters in the past, I don't think we need to add
more restrictions here.  My 2¢ worth.

Alan
WA4SCA