Satgate System Closed

After many years of packet message forwarding via UO-22, GO-32 and AO-51
the Satgate System will close due to a lack of traffic being handled.
The total of thirty five worldwide stations in the system a few years
ago has dwindled due to this lack of traffic, maintenance problems,
change of QTH and Silent Keys.

The system was begun long enough ago that I have lost track of the date.
  It was given birth by David Medley, KI6QE who was in California at the
time.  The chief Guru and driving force over the past partial decade has
been Andrew Sellers, G8TZJ  who gets credit for developing the software
which permitted the Satgate stations to operate in fully automated mode.
  Traffic was accepted from the terrestrial packet network using BBS
programs like the F6FBB program and routed to the satellites via the
WiSP program.  It was also downloaded from the satellite and routed into
the terrestrial packet network untouched by human hands, all thanks to
Andrew.

My appreciation goes to David for establishing the Satgate System and to
Andrew for his effort in keeping this Network going.  Thanks also to the
remaining few of the Satgates who will be shutting down.

--
73, Roy -- W0SL