Re: ANSAT-NA VS MILITARY cooperation

At 11:06 PM 4/24/2007, Roger Kolakowski wrote:

>You have your facts backwards...the world's military is currently assisting
>Amateur Radio, we are not providing them with anything they don't have
>already.

In fact, the only reason we have some of our bands is because we
share them with the military, and they aren't going to give them up
without a fight (pardon the expression ;) ).  The military need them
for defence purposes, and it's fortuitous that their needs and ours
are compatible and allow for us to occupy the bands when and where
they are not needed for defence purposes at a particular time.  How
long would the 70cm allocation last without military interests
reserving the band?

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com