Re: Government control has exceeded constitutionallimitations.

--- Ernest Erickson <aec9823@yahoo.com> wrote:

> With all our money at the government's disposal, you
> would think that their brilliant minds should be able
> to think their way through this so-called interference
> and find a sutiable solution to a simple problem, such
> as side lobe rejection, additional band pass filtering
> or whatever is required to minimize or eliminate this
> 'interference' althogether.

I agree.

This discussion came up recently on the "Tech Net", hosted by K2RIW on
Long Island, an audio archive of which can be found at: http://amateurradio.tv/

Specifically, 40 minutes into the following clip, the PAVE PAWS discussion
can be found:

http://amateurradio.tv/TechNet/Library/2007tech/070401tech/070401tech-001.mp3

(It's a 6.5 MB file)

The discussion points out that this RADAR system has been around for quite a
number of years and is an extremely agile system, so it should be immune to
simple forms of interference caused by regular Amateur Radio communications.

If PAVE PAWS is *THAT* easily interfered with, and that fact is not a secret,
what does that say about its usefulness?

73, de John, KD2BD

Visit John on the Web at:

	http://kd2bd.ham.org/
.