Re: FM on VO-52 or others

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Green" <pagreen@gmail.com>
To: "Amsat BB" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:03 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: FM on VO-52 or others

> With FO-29 having trouble, I'm sure that SSB will pickup on this bird.  I
> wonder why the lack of popularity?  I thought everyone liked Mode B.
>
> 73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.
> Amsat #35741

Hi Pat, KA9SCF

You are right and actually all FO-29 users are moving  in to the VO-52
linear transponder for CW and SSB contacts so that in Europe VO-52 in FM is
not welcomed.

In addition VO-52 (tanks to our friends in India) and the old FO-7 are the
only satellites to be used for CW and SSB.......... waiting for P3E

There are lot of CW and SSB operators with only 2 satellites and there are
lot of satellites specifically designed for FM !

73" de

i8CVS Domenico