Re: FM on VO-52 or others

The last time I tried to use AO-51, I could hardly get in due to all
the users.  But, on the next VO-52 pass,  I couldn't raise a soul!

On 4/23/07, Tony Langdon (ATC) <tlangdon@atctraining.com.au> wrote:
> > If you don't TX with the lower power, you basically turn the
> > linear transponder into a single channel FM satellite and no
> > one else can use it.
>
> Maybe a job for a future SDX to sort out. :)

If we had some clever, low-bit rate, Doppler insensitive digital voice
protocols, we could use the VO-52 transponder in a multi-use fashion.
 There were some plans for a similar scheme on AO-51, but nothing has
appeared yet.

73,

Dave
NøTGD