Re: CP-4 Apr 22, 2007 pt.2

On Apr 22, 2007, at 3:14 PM, Mike Rupprecht wrote:
> Is anybody there who can explain the telemetry ?

Hi Mike,

Apologies for being slow, I've been very busy these past few days and
haven't had much of a chance to look at incoming telemetry reports.

Regarding the telemetry you've been decoding, there seems to be a
slight problem; the big packets are missing a few bytes (and seem to
be missing different ones, from the different sizes you're getting).
That packet should be 115 bytes (99 payload + 16 AX.25 header).  I've
been trying to decode them "by hand" but it's been a slow process so
far.  Any chance you have audio recordings of some of these beacons?

A meager explanation of the CP4 telemetry can be found here: http://
polysat.calpoly.edu/CP2_ops.php , though it's still missing some
information (conversion specifiers for byte readings into real values).

Regardless, thanks for all the beacons!  You've gotten more than we
have.  :)
Keith McCabe, KI6CWF
PolySat, Cal Poly, SLO