CAPE-1 Tracking

Hi all,

We are trying to gather a full snapshot of 3 CW beacons from CAPE-1 to
get an idea of the health of the satellite.  Part of the problem is that
we don't know exactly where CAPE-1 is located.  TLE's are available on
W0RPK's website http://showcase.netins.net/web/wallio/CubeSat.htm about
half-way down.  We managed to hear a weak signal starting about 435.254
MHz and ending around 435.237 MHz tracking object #31126.  We've
obtained some information that CAPE may actually be a little behind this
one even, but we're not sure.

The satellite is transmitting CW and 9600 baud G3RUH, but currently we
are primarily interested in the SSB CW.  Also, if you have the
capability any recordings are more than welcome.  Recordings can be sent
to jonathan@jonathanwagner.net  If the recording is too large, send me
an email and we'll figure out how to get it across.  The CW beacon we
are looking for the most is the beacon 1 which gives us an idea of
battery health.  The telemetry format is available at
http://ulcape.org/wiki/CAPE1_Telemetry  There are a few audio examples
at DTUsat's webpage http://www.dtusat.dtu.dk/index.php?id=94  The second
file labeled Unknown.wav is what the G3RUH data sounds like in SSB mode
and has been confused as the letter N. After that signal ends, the next
CW beacon is about 10-20 seconds away.

The satellite is transmitting at 435.245 +/- doppler.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.  Again any recordings or decoded telemetry can be
sent to me at jonathan@jonathanwagner.net

--
Jonathan Wagner, KE5FSG
Cell: (337)781-1513