Re: IC-910H opinions sought

Bad service is not something on which Icom has a monopoly.  I sent my FT-847
rig in to Vertex.  It was "repaired" without authorization, poorly at that,
then lost for a couple of weeks while they tried to find where it was sent.
What really chapped me was that at no time were e-mail or phone calls ever
made to me to explain what was going on, so any information I got was on my
dime.

To be fair, there seems to be some sort of house cleaning going on out
there, both in the technical and administrative ends.  Perhaps I can get
some answers at Dayton.  In any case, should I ever need service again, I
will definitely go with on of the independents, of which there are still a
few around.

Alan
WA4SCA