Re: DSP Speaker

At 12:04 PM 4/12/2007, Roger Kolakowski wrote:
>And the winning answer was....?

That one's got me curious too.  I'm particularly fussy about DSP
noise reduction, and there are very few that I actually like.  The
one I use is made by Michels Engineering in Germany, which provides
an excellent degree of noise reduction and doesn't distort the audio
as severely as many others.  For me, that distortion interferes with
my ability to pull a signal out of the mud, and most of the DSP noise
reductions work best for me in the "off" position, as far as
readability goes.  The Michaels one, OTOH, has no impact on
readability at worst, and often a modest improvement, as well as
excellent noise reduction.  On very weak FM signals (ideal for SO-50
:) ), the readability is dramatically improved, and the DSP can
almost act as an FM voice activated mute.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com