Homebrew USB interface for TS-790 & many other radios

Good afternoon,
I have had a few requests for the homebrew interface for my TS-790.
The first part is a product from a company called FTDI Chip http://www.ftdichip.com
The product is a TTL-232R http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/EvaluationKits/TTL-232R.htm
or the TTL-232R-3V3 http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/EvaluationKits/TTL-232R-3V3.htm
They over a utility to invert the signals on ALL lines. This is a very important part of the project...
The utility is called MPROG http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities.htm#MProg

>From what I have seen, all you need to Ground TXD & RXD,  RTS & CTS were originally connected. I found that may of the programs do NOT configure these correctly...

As a side note, I have a similar setup for my FT-1000. This was started for a project that WA1KKM & I have been working on for Linux. Walt has written a Linux based contest program. You can get more info at http://www.k2ct.net/kbsoftware/kbsoftware.htm

I talked Walt into adding radio control for my rig. He has also created his own USB keying. Packet works... All sorts of goodies.

73 es TNX Will WC2L