portable questions

I have a few questions for the group about a portale setup I'm orking
on. I intend to use it for both linear transponder and FM satellites.
the setup will consist of yagis for V and U mounted on a camera tripod
with a short run 5-6 feet of coax to the radios. the first thing i'd
like to know is: is it worth it to put something like lmr 400 ultraflex
or will rg 213 work well. also would it be benificial to have a preamp
to mount on the feedpoint of the downlink antenna?
-Steve VA3SAX