Need feedbadk on successful ARISS Events

I am considering making an application to be an ARISS school contact and
wonder if a few on the list who have successfully pulled it off might be
willing to e-mail me directly and share your experiences on how you got
chosen and how you made it happen and whether you would do it again?

My kids are 8 and 9 and this would be a great motivation for
science/space/ham radio in their school.

Michael K3MH
Bellevue, WA