Re: Flex-5000

At 05:34 AM 4/6/2007, Bob McGwier wrote:
>I am using DEMI and DB6NT.   I have never liked the internal one thought
>KM0T swears by it.  The new radio will be able use any kind of
>transverter,  simplex, duplex, etc. with control done by the radio.
>
>Bob
>N4HY
>

>Steve Meuse wrote:
> > Robert McGwier expunged (rwmcgwier@gmail.com):
> >

> >> An announcement of a new radio was made by Flex Radio today.  It is a
> >> completely full duplex radio.  With transverter, it will be a wonderful
> >> satellite radio.  No sound cards, etc. will be required.  Again,  it is
> >> completely full duplex.
> >>
>--
>Robert W. McGwier, Ph.D.
>Center for Communications Research
>805 Bunn Drive
>Princeton, NJ 08540
>(609)-924-4600
>(sig required by employer)

I had a look a the info on the Flex Radio website.  I'd be interested
in more information when its available: interior photos and block
diagram.  For satellite use, hopefully freq offset separation between
RX and TX LO's is possible.  If it is, then satellite tracking
software may be written for the radio.  Couple that with appropriate
xvtrs and this will make a great satellite radio.

I'm playing with the SDR-IQ joined to a DEMI 144/28 xvtr for
experimenting on eme with JT65.  Having the direct USB connection is
a great work around the slower sound-cards.  Assuming the 5000 does
the same to get 190-KHz span.

For full use of Linrad, dual Rx channels are needed where the two Rx
are slaved to the same LO for preservation of phase.  I'm wondering
if this is possible with the new radio with the extra Rx?

73,
Ed - KL7UW
  BP40IQ   50-MHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xpol-20, 185w
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubususa@hotmail.com