Re: Dual Hop

> Actually, they are intentinoally on the same frequency and they
> are intended to be dual or even triple hop possible (when
> PCSAT-1 is working)..  Notice that both satelites respond to the
> same path VIA ARISS.  SO you could use the path VIA ARISS,ARISS
> and get a dual hop.  This ia also why we invite any other
> university or amateur satellite builder to add more spacecraft
> on this 1200 baud relay channel (with IARU coordination of
> course).

Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already tried "via APRSAT,APRSAT,SGATE a
number of times, but so far without successs. I
wasn't sure if this was an acceptable practice, so
I had been discrete about it.

I have been previously successful once getting a
dual hop between PCSAT-1 and the ISS (when it was
operating on 145.825 MHz)

The ANDE & RAFT satellites maybe be a little
difficult with simple omnidirectional antennas,
but both are a breeze with just a little more antenna.

I use nothing more than a horizontally polarised 6
element beam. It's home built and that without any
fancy tools. It's horizontally mounted and
steerable in azimuth with a simple rotator. I
mention this just to make the point that both are
really pretty easy satellites to work with just a
little more antenna.

Both satellites are very quiet down here and I
very seldom see any other users. I end up gating
my own packets. This does allow me to experiment
since I'm not obstructing anyone else.

I'll persevere with further dual hop tests in the
future now that I understand it's okay to do so.

I am of course aware of ANDE-1's rather finite
power reserve and do keep that in mind.

Sil