DSP Speaker

Hi!

I recall reading about a speaker that you can plug into any radio so you
can keep the squelch open all the time and a DSP will only let audio with
signals through.

It was intended to be used to listen for beacons on satellites as well as
listen for band openings without driving the XYL crazy with static being
blasted through the house.

Does anyone else recall this speaker (or inline module)?  I've searched
and found DSPs that will attenuate white noise, but I haven't seen any
that turn off the speaker completely in the presence of white noise alone.

73 de Rich N3WWN