Re: What can I do with just 2 meter FM equipment??

On Mar 27, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Roger Kolakowski wrote:

 >If you know CW, you even could combine keying the rig on 2m and
listening on
 >10 meters to work AO-7 when it shows up in that mode. While it
might be
 >"chirpy," there are not so many users that it would offend anyone
who needs
 >you for a new contact.

Actually it never bothered anyone when there were a lot of users on
Oscar 7. The first time around for Oscar 7 lots of guys got their
start keying the PTT on their 2M handie talkie for a CW up link.
Everyone worked these guys encouraging them in their first satellite
efforts. These guys usually moved up to a real CW rig. - Dr.
Megacycle KK6MC/5