TNC settings for Kenwood TM-D700

Hi all,

Was just wondering if there is anyone out there with any experience setting up a D700 for Packet operation. I do not seem to be able to get my terminal program to speak to the TNC. I can't even get a cmd prompt or any semblance of a connection. It seems to be physically connected fine but still no luck. I have set the baud rate for the port to match the TNC (9600) but am not having any luck. I am just using HyperTerminal. Any ideas?

Thanks
Jordan

VK2HCA