What can I do with just 2 meter FM equipment??

Unfortunately because of some financial issues, I'm going to have to
sell my TS-2000X. I've avoided it and tried to figure some way around it
but the sad reality is that it's got to go. I was thinking that I'd be
leaving the satellite game for awhile but then it occured to me that
maybe I could do something with 2 meter FM.
 I have a Kenwood TM-241 mobile rig and a Yaesu Ft11R handheld. Isn't
APRS done on just the two meter band? Would it take both radios or just one?
Are their other things I could do like possibly monitoring beacons or
decoding telemetry and such. I have no TNC but I could use AGWPE with my
soundcard.
I'd just like something to "scratch the itch" so to speak till I can go
back to a more fully equipped station.
Thanks,
Michael, W4HIJ

P.S. If I owe any of you QSL cards, please be patient, I am getting to them!