Re: ao7 reliability

On 3/26/07, Patrick McGrane <N2OEQ@aceweb.com> wrote:

> Just a short note to clarify my comment that the older AO-7 technology is reliable after so
> many years not because the computer and batteries failed, but because the transponders
> still operate. I love those big old resistors Hi Hi.

Transponders aren't exactly the weak link in the chain. My impression
is that the limiting factors on satellite lifetime have had more to do
with power systems than either transponders or computers.

And then there's that AO-40 engine...

 --
73 de Maggie K3XS
Editor, Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club Blurb - http://www.phil-mont.org