Re: SO50 NOT HEARD???

> On 15 Mar 2007 at 4:36, David Bird wrote:
>
> > HI AMSATS, SO50 NOT HEARD ON 3/15/07 UTC PASS 03;11 OR PASS 0453. HOPE SO50
> > WILL BE BACK ON SOON. DE KC7USS.

I was alone on an overhead pass this evening and i suddenly lost the
satellite!! I was under the impression that the timer always reset to 0 on each
transmission...AND I WAS WRONG. The 10 minutes timer have to be resetted at
each end of time with the 74.4 HZ tone. SO-50 came up at 85 deg of elev with a
S9 signal but no one was on :(

This could explain why some think the satellite seems to be dead.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
WAC BASIC CW PHONE SATELLITE