Re: SO50 NOT HEARD???

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE wrote:

> I was on it on the 2 evening passes and signal was s6 to s9 make a couple of
> QSO on it on one pass sigan was very low but on the other all was normal

Thanks for the report!  I tried SO-50 today on a 6.8 degree transcontinental
pass but i only heard a couple of stations and was not able to hear my own
downlink (or work anyone).  By contrast, i worked several stations on AO-27
on a 3.7 degree pass (including Maryland) and heard my own downlink clearly.
Later, when SO-50 on an essentially overhead pass (88 degrees to the east),
i was able to work a couple of stations but with difficulty.  So it seems
to be working but not well.  I've noticed that SO-50 has bad days from time
to time, and hopefully that's all this is.

[Note: If i'm in your address book, please replace 'qsl.net' with 'amsat.org'.]