Re: Ofcom Update: Award of available spectrum: 10 GHz,28 GHz, ...

In a message dated 3/15/07 3:08:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
david.barber@dbelectronics.co.uk writes:

> Ofcom today published a discussion document on 10 GHz and the London 2012
> Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.  The document proposes a condition that
> could be included in the licences that are awarded if Ofcom concludes that
> it may need to make the spectrum available to meet the needs of the Games.

A great reason to propose Amateur Radio as a "secondary" user to a Reserved
Government Band of frequencies as we have here in the states. That way they can
be assured that there will be no "financial claims" if they need to "take
back" the frequencies for some event AFTER 2012 .

Roger
WA1KAT