ISS Columbus Antennas

Hi Fred,

I can understand your hesitation. But it should be noted that the
ARISS Columbus patch antennas have to withstand acoustic vibration
tests of up to 49G. This is because of the launch of Columbus in a
Shuttle bay where the boosters induce strong vibrations. The first
antennas failed these tests and new are being developed to cope with
these constraints. ESA and NASA set very high constraints for the
ISS. That has a price.

Gaston, ON4WF