[hpsdr-dev] Odyssey Siren A success

Is there a website where this experiement is described? I tried TAPR but
couldn't find anything.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Robert McGwier [mailto:rwmcgwier@gmail.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 2:36 PM
    To: High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List
    Cc: amsat bb
    Subject: [hpsdr-dev] Odyssey Siren A success

    We had a complete breakthrough on the Odyssey Siren in the past two
    weeks. It will be used in Suitsat 2, in a terrestrial linear repeater
    experiment by Viktor Kudielka OE1VKW and friends, who supported its
    development, and we are already leaping all over the place to

    Frank Brickle and I will be doing our SDR code on it over the next
    several days. The board as shown in the schematic needs some
    modifications to fix the 3 - ish volt power supply for the Codec and a
    modified oscillator circuit but we are certain it will all work now.

    On the 10.7 MHz IF, I measured 0 dBm max into a 50 ohm load and less
    than -120 dBm MDS and > 80 dB dynamic range. This is with a BOM of <
    $50 in parts and about a $20 dsp pic chip!

    Yesterday in Rick's lab, with W2GPS, K3IO, we made the above
    measurements, hacked on code and turn the thing into a bent pipe
    transponder. I also did the hilbert transform to make it an inverting
    transponder. It all worked perfectly.

    has detected audio in an SDR-IQ SDR as well as captured IF from the
    SDR-IQ of the transponder. We have to balanced for image and do DC
    offset correction but the thing works and sounds great as you can hear
    for yourself!

Joe Leikhim K4SAT

"Follow The Money"  ;-P