An automation system that works (so far)

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let everyone know of an automated rotor
combination that DOES work very well with Orbitron.
I have a Dell PIII 650mhz computer with 1 serial, and 1 USB port running
Windows 2000 pro.
I am using the following....

The G6LVB tracking board.
The Yaesu G-5500 rotor.
Orbitron Software.
The most current Wisp device driver.

The serial port controls the radio frequency for Doppler correction, while
the USB port is connected to the G6LVB
tracking board. The G6LVB tracking board uses either a standard serial port
or the optional FTDI USB adaptor which
simulates a serial port as far as the computer is concerned. I'm using the
USB option.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this. You DON'T
have to buy an expensive satellite tracking program such as Nova or
whatever, to have automation.

Again, "hats off" to Sebastian for his KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) approach
to the software. It is one of the most intuitive and easy to learn satellite
software's out there and works VERY well.

http://www.stoff.pl/ to download Orbitron

Just my opinion.

73's
RoD
KD0XX

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail,
A TRUE friend will be sitting next to you saying.....

"DAMN THAT WAS FUN"