Re: Sequencer

At 05:15 AM 3/12/2007, Stargate wrote:
>Is a sequencer needed when using a 160w switchable preamp from ARR?
>(Advanced Receiver Research)
>
>Thanks,
>RoD
>KD0XX

Let's analyze this:

You send a voltage to run the preamp.  It needs voltage to switch to
Tx mode.  When RF from your transmitter arrives it switches over to
bypass the preamp.  I would guess if you turn off the power to the
unit, it can't operate correctly, so how is a sequencer going to
help?  I have not owned one of these units so not familiar with their
power wiring.  If you have two 12 volt power contacts then you might
run the preamp separately from a sequencer.

73,
Ed - KL7UW
  BP40IQ   50-MHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xpol-20, 185w
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubususa@hotmail.com