Hy-gain DB218SAT Oscar antenna experience?

Hi,

I see that Hy-Gain/MFJ still at least lists the old Hy-gain Oscar antennas:
http://www.hy-gain.com/products.php?catid=7

Like the old Cushcraft AOP-1, they were a bit short on gain for P3 birds,
but otherwise seemed to be a relatively simple way and reasonably priced way
to get coverage with switchable circularity.  Certainly good enough for
current LEOs and possibly the newer P3 birds.  I was asked by someone just
getting started about them, and wondered if anyone had practical experience?
We have discussed the many alternatives, so I would rather keep to just this
antenna.

Alan