Re: Puyallup Wa. fleamarket

Bob W7LRD wrote:

This is a very large flea market in Western Washington...  We (AMSAT)
should have some exposure at these events...  I'm only one person, so
next year I would like put AMSAT on the map there.  I have no idea how
to go about it.  Any advice, volunteers, sugestions and how to do this
would be appreciated.

Wayne W9AE replies:

I think several AMSAT area coordinators (including myself) would be
willing to give you some advice.  It's not particularly difficult to run
an AMSAT booth at a hamfest.  Sign up for a table (preferably with
electricity so you can demonstrate tracking software on a laptop
computer).  Inform Martha 3 weeks before the hamfest, and she will send
you a big box that contains AMSAT books/software/trinkets to sell, and
also a big AMSAT banner to display.

I will run an AMSAT booth at the SEAPAC hamfest in Seaside, Oregon in
June.  You are welcome to help me out to see how it's done.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA, CN83ik