Re: Mobile RFI

On 3/9/07, Kyle Yoksh <yokshs@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> This is a very common issue w/ Saturn vehicles. I worked for a Saturn dealer
> until 1998, and found the problem myself in every SL and SC I drove.
> It also occurs in my 91 SL1, and the official cause is said to be the ECU
> (main computer).

Sweeps I've done with a handitalkie certainly seem to confirm that
(although my shop manual refers to the culprit box as a "Powertrain
Control Module"). Other than the relatively narrow band of frequencies
it squats on there's no other problem.

In fact I worked through UO-14 one day while driving to work with a
through-the-glass dual-band antenna and my FT-90. (I switched to a
Comet SBB-5 when the through-the-glass RatShack special fell off a few
months back.)

--
73 de Maggie K3XS
Editor, Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club Blurb - http://www.phil-mont.org