DX LEO records, fixed elevation category

Many of us have been encouraging the newcomers to this list to avoid
elevation rotors if they want to begin with a simple, less expensive
station. (It is unfortunate that as recently as my 2006 edition, the ARRL
Handbook states that az/el rotation is necessary. I wonder if someone
should contact them and offer a rewrite.) As evidence of the effectiveness
of such a station, I offer the following two QSOs (chosen merely because I
was writing up the QSL cards). I also submit them as the first entries in a
fixed-elevation DX bragging thread:

VE9QRP (FN75tv) to IW4DVZ (JN54IM) 5600 km
"             " to OK2UFB (JN99as) 5847 km

Both SSB via FO-29, both using a pair of FT-817s.

73, Bruce
VE9QRP