Re: Historic amateur radio film "Every Single Minute"now onGoogle Video

At 12:40 AM 3/5/2007, Margaret Leber wrote:
>On 3/3/07, Wayne N5WD <n5wd@charter.net> wrote:
> > Consider also that many schools also block Google Video (as well as
> > YouTube, MySpace, and a lot of the other fad sites) because of
> inappropriate
> > content.
>
>Ouch. Well, I did say it was scary. I woudn't exactly consider GV and
>YouTube to be "fad sites"...there's scads of incredibly educational
>content available there for free. But I understand your issue.
>(MySpace is another matter.)

I have seen inappropriate content on You Tube.

>Censoring kids access to the net is pointless and stupid; it's
>insanely difficult to do correctly, and the brighter kids already know
>how to beat it.

Unfortunately, you're going to get a lot of hysterical parents.  Kids
need to learn to be "streetwise" on the Net, just like they need to
be on the real streets.

> > So, I'd be interested in a download link, as well, should one be
> > available in a more commonly available format (like WMV or MPEG).
>
>If somebody wants to host a 200mb file for free public download I'd be
>delighted to send them a copy. I'm sure neither my home DSL provider
>nor the small hosting provider who donates service to our club website
>would appreciate being the target of such.

I can do it if you're looking for space.  I have a few hundred megs
free on a 100Mbps feed.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com