DC-feeding through Coaxial on PA?

  Hi all,

 just I wonder if is acceptable the power feeding of a mast UHF-linear (ie 100 W behind of Antenna)
through the same Coaxial cable (200 ft) for RF-driving.
Yes I know, it's a common method with mast Pre-Amps etc. But, when the RF-power input-driving of Linear is
high enough, ie 20 W or more, is it safe & acceptable to feed the DC-power voltage together with
RF-signal on a common Coaxial?
 Ofcourse in the input of Linear I will put the necessary  "DC-block cap" & RF-chokes with additional
components in order to separate high enough the DC-feeding from RF-signal and a High-Power "T-Bias"
down in the Shack.
However I wonderering... I don't like the "toasted"  MRF transistors !

Anyone has experience with that?

Thanks in advance

73, Mak SV1BSX

sv1bsx@yahoo.gr
http://www.qsl.net/sv1bsx

LANProxy eMail-Server: This Email has been checked by AVAST-Pro
                            ***     Virus Free    ***

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000717-1, 26/02/2007
Tested on: 28/2/2007 5:02:22 นน