Re: Thermocouple power

At 03:46 PM 2/26/2007, G0MRF@aol.com wrote:
>Carrying on the wacky ideas theme, I've been looking at producing power by
>using thermocouples and not solar cells.

I think it probably could be done.  Would require some really intense
thermal engineering.  An introduction to some of the issues can be
found at http://www.tellurex.com/cthermo.html
Of course this talks about performance of the thermoelectric devices
and does not discuss how one would integrate them into a spacecraft.